Timber Works Tree Care
Timber Works Scholarship
Timber Works Tree Care is proud to announce that we are offering a $1000 scholarship to a college or university student with the best tree work/arbor culture job or project. This scholarship is to encourage and help promising students achieve their dreams of entering a career in the arboriculture industry.
This scholarship is offered by Timber Works Tree Care, Northern Virginia’s most trusted tree care specialists. This award does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender, disability, or national origin.
The deadline to submit an application for the scholarship is January 18, 2021 by 11:59pm.
Timber Works scholarship applicants must:
- Be citizens or legal residents of the United States
- Be a college or university student enrolled in full-time undergraduate study at an accredited two-year or four-year college or university for the entire upcoming academic year.
- Pursue an urban forestry related major or career (e.g. Urban Forestry, Plant Sciences, Agriculture, Horticulture, Entomology, Plant Pathology, Environmental Science and Biology as it relates to plant science).
- Current transcript
- Contact information
- Link to Facebook
In order to be considered for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Fill out an application form in the top right of this page with your contact information and the link to your Facebook post (details below).
- Post a picture of your best tree work/arbor culture job/project on Facebook.
- Tag @TimberWorksTreeCare in your post.
- Must use the hashtag #timberworksvascholarship in your post.
Award Notification and Fund Distribution
The scholarship recipient winner will be notified within two weeks of our final decision. The award letter will include instructions on how to submit acceptance information for the scholarship. Once Timber Works has received acceptance information, the scholarship payments will be made to the institution.
For further questions about the scholarship, please contact our office at (540) 254-5773.
Here at Timber Works Tree Care, we care about our customers, your trees, and your property. Each job is a chance to show you our great attitudes, strong work ethic, and a desire to meet and exceed every customer’s expectations!
We treat every client and co-worker with respect and professionalism