In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, many states in the US have put “non-essential” businesses on lockdown. Fortunately, the 2,300 tree care firms in the Tree Care Industry Association (TCIA) and the thousands of members of the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) meet certain criteria to be deemed an “essential business.”
There are three particular categories of essential tree care services:
- The protection of infrastructure
- Maintaining the public safety of our communities
- Protection against the spread of invasive and/or injurious pests
Timber Works Tree Care will continue to provide essential tree care services such as
- Hazard tree removal
- Pruning of dead, dangerous, or dying limbs
- Emergency response readiness
- Assessment of hazard trees or pest issues for the purposes of removal or treatment as described above
Timber Works Tree Care will halt non-essential tree care services, including:
- Routine tree removal when no abnormal safety issues exist
- Tree or shrub planting
- Firewood production and delivery
For more information regarding what services are affected in the tree care industry, click here.
Thank you for your continued support during these trying times. We look forward to serving you.